Here's a quick candy recipe that is delicious, easy to make, and suitable for gift-giving!
Cherry-pecan chocolate clusters
1 cup of pecan halves, toasted in skillet for a few moments and then coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. Toss the nuts and cherries together in a bowl, and line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a microwave safe mixing bowl, melt chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted, usually about three intervals needed, depending upon microwave wattage.
3. Stir the chocolate until smooth and shiny, then add the cherries and pecans to it, and stir them in until distributed throughout the chocolate.
4. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the lined baking sheet. If chocolate begins hardening before you're finished scooping, return to the microwave for 20 seconds or so, stir well, then proceed. (You may also set the bowl over a pan of warm water, being very careful not to even get one drop of water into your chocolate, or it will buckle and ruin it.)
5. Refrigerate the candies until they're set, about 30 minutes. Store at room temperature after that. Enjoy!
Join Mama Steph on East Texas Kitchen on Facebook!