Lufkin man falls asleep while cooking, starts house fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Lufkin man falls asleep while cooking, starts house fire

Source: KTRE Staff Source: KTRE Staff
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A Lufkin man was treated for smoke inhalation after he fell asleep while he was cooking something on his stove, and his house caught on fire.

The fire started at about 2:10 p.m. Tuesday at a home in the 700 block of Allendale. Lufkin Fire Chief Ted Lovett said the fire spread to the attic from the kitchen. However, Lufkin fire crews kept the blaze contained to the home's attic.

Lovett said the occupant of the home is being treated for smoke inhalation, but he will be OK.

Copyright 2017 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly