ZAVALLA, TX (KTRE) - A Zavalla man who was severely injured in a propane explosion at his home has died, according to a family member.
Jaime West said Lyle Raymond West, 82, died Thursday night in a Dallas hospital.
His wife, Elaine Reinhardt West, 83, remains in a Lufkin hospital.
The couple was injured in the explosion Tuesday morning on the 200 block of Pleasure Drive. Zavalla Volunteer Fire Chief Chris Wade said it appears the house burned due to some kind of propane explosion, but the state fire marshal's office is investigating.
A fund for the family is being set up at Huntington State Bank, Jaime West said.