NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - Nacogdoches ISD is inching closer in their search for a superintendent.
The school board had a special meeting Tuesday morning to consider several key agenda items.
After a closed session that lasted just under 30 minutes, the board finalized in open session that Karczewski and Bradshaw, a law firm in Nacogdoches which represents the district, will receive all applications.
The board also fine-tuned details on the job posting which will be posted within a couple days on the school district's website.
"We want to be unified completely on what our decision is," said board president Steve Green. "We don't want to second-guess anything. We don't want to say we didn't turn this stone or didn't turn this stone. We want to make sure the decision that we made is something we can all unify behind and that we're all on the same page."
Applicants will have about a month to submit their resumes, after which the board will narrow potential candidates.
The position has been held in the interim by Sandra Dowdy, who took over after Fred Hayes resigned in June.
The board is looking to hire a superintendent on April 27.
Below is a recommended timeline by the legal team:
* Job Posted - February 1, 2017
* Deadline for Applications - March 6, 2017
* Vetting of Candidates - March 6-10, 2017
* Initial Interviews - March 20-24, 2017
* Call Back Interviews - March 27
* Identification of Lone Finalist - March 30, 2017 through April 6, 2017
* Hire of Superintendent - April 27, 2017