Strong storms rumbled across East Texas again Tuesday afternoon and evening. There were spotty reports of hail, downed trees, and flooding.
Here's a recap of storms reports across the area on Tuesday:
- 5:40pm -- trees and power lines down near Carthage in Panola County
- 6:15pm -- trees down from thunderstorm wind gusts near Gary in Panola County
- 6:30pm -- flooding on some streets near Carthage in Panola County
- 7:10pm -- trees down from thunderstorm wind gusts north of Mount Enterprise in Rusk County
- 8:00pm -- dime sized hail near Cushing in northwestern Nacogdoches County.
- 8:20pm -- trees down from thunderstorm wind gusts just south of Gallatin in Cherokee County
- 9:30pm -- some flooded intersections reported in the city of Nacogdoches
- 9:35pm -- penny sized hail reported just south of Nacogdoches
- 9:45pm -- 3.8" of rain in Looneyville in northwestern Nacogdoches County
- 9:45pm -- 2.2" of rain in southern Rusk County
Severe weather was also reported on Monday when an F1 tornado created a 6 mile damage path across Grapeland in northern Houston County.
Scattered thunderstorms are again in the forecast for Wednesday in East Texas. A few of the storms could become strong. Stay tuned to KTRE and ktre.com for weather updates through the day.