Fire crews on scene of house fire in Lufkin - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Fire crews on scene of house fire in Lufkin

( Source: Caleb Beames) ( Source: Caleb Beames)
( Source: Caleb Beames) ( Source: Caleb Beames)
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A family is displaced after a house fire Saturday morning in Lufkin. 

According to Lufkin Fire Department, the fire started a little before 11 a.m on Tanglewood Court.

The fire is believed to have started in one of the rooms at the back of the house, according to Lufkin Fire Marshall Keith Cole. 

Fire Marshall Cole said that he believes that the cause of the fire is electrical but the investigation is ongoing. 

The residents of the house, a husband and his wife, were not home at the time of the fire and were not injured. However, their cat was inside the house and died as a result. 

Copyright 2017 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly