LOS ANGELES, CA (KTRE) - A man reported missing in March of 2016 and found in May is the subject of a YouTube video from a Los Angeles man.
Matthew Bilodeau contacted KTRE on Monday and said he did an interview with Jason Stevens in Los Angeles. Stevens lives there now without a home.
Bilodeau said he started a new series on YouTube called "A Bite With," and the first subject was Stevens.
"Little did I know the first person I'd interview would be a missing man from Lufkin," Bilodeau said.
Bilodeau learned Stevens had been reported missing after interviewing him.
In the YouTube video, Stevens said he decided to leave Lufkin after aspiring to make more money in Los Angeles by working on sports cars.
Stevens went missing in March, and it concerned his father and co-worker because he disappeared without picking up his last paycheck at Ross Motorsports.
Lufkin police spokesperson Jessica Pebsworth said Stevens was removed from the missing persons list in May after it was discovered he was safe in Los Angeles.
Bilodeau said he is a 20-year-old originally from Massachusetts who recently moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. He said he started the series to raise awareness for the homeless by telling their stories, while at the same time practicing his interviewing skills.
Bilodeau said he found Stevens on Hollywood Boulevard while he was packing up his guitar.