2nd arrest made in connection to Polk County murder investigatio - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas


2nd arrest made in connection to Polk County murder investigation

Angela Hicks (Source: Tarrant County Jail website) Angela Hicks (Source: Tarrant County Jail website)
Simon Villanueva (Source: Polk County Jail) Simon Villanueva (Source: Polk County Jail)

A second person has been arrested in connection to the death of a Polk County man who had been missing since Feb. 28.

Angelina Marie Hicks, 24, of Onalaska, was arrested on the Polk County warrant in Fort Worth Thursday. She was charged with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury, according to a press release from the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.

According to the Tarrant County Jail website, Hicks is still being held on the felony assault charge. Hicks’ bail amount was pre-set at $100,000 when Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace Jamie Jones issued the arrest warrant on Wednesday.

Hicks will be transferred to the Polk County Jail at a later date, according to the press release.

Hicks was arrested in connection to the death of Darrell Parsons. Parsons’ body was found at a home in the 400 block of West Sherwood earlier this month. The discovery came after Parsons was reported missing on March 6. The complainant said that Parsons had not been seen or heard from since Feb. 28.

Hicks once lived next door to the home where the murder occurred, the press release stated. Information obtained in the criminal investigation by PCSO detectives and the Texas Rangers was submitted to the Polk County District Attorney’s Office.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office requested the assistance of Fort Worth Police Department detectives. When detectives interviewed Hicks, she allegedly told them she asked Simon Villanueva, the other suspect in the case, to “take care of Darrell Parsons and to make him hurt like she hurt,” the press release stated.

Villanueva, 41, of Livingston, is still being held in the Polk County Jail on a first-degree murder charge, and a felony possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram charge. Collectively, his bail amount has been set at $600,000.

Polk County Sheriff Kenneth Hammack said his deputies were told Parsons had been living “on and off” at a home in the 400 block of West Sherwood, but the occupants had recently moved out. When the PCSO deputies went to the residence, they noticed a strong odor coming from the home.

“Detectives gained entry into the residence after being unable to get an answer at the door,” the press release stated. “Detectives with the Polk County Sheriff’s Office said inside the residence they found an unidentified deceased male inside the residence.”

The unidentified man’s body was taken to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences to be identified and examined for the cause of death.

PCSO detectives started interviewing people in that neighborhood and found that Villanueva was the previous tenant of the home. They also learned that Villanueva had left the Livingston area days before the unidentified body was found in the home on West Sherwood.

“Texas Ranger Danny Young from Company A, division of the Texas Rangers joined the investigation assisting with evidence gathering and interviewing individuals from the Shelter Cove area,” the press release stated. “Detectives with the Polk County Sheriff’s Office petitioned the courts and obtained a warrant for Simon Villanueva, for Possession of a Controlled Substance with a 100,000.00 bond, at which time the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force begin Looking for Simon Villanueva.”

Hammack said that on March 9, the sheriff’s office was notified that the body had been identified as that of Parsons. Parsons’ cause of death was ruled a homicide, the press release stated.

The next day, Villanueva called the Polk County Sheriff’s Office and said he was waiting for deputies at the Scenic Loop store because he had heard authorities were looking for him. PCSO detectives located Villanueva and took him to the sheriff’s office.

PCSO detectives then interviewed Villanueva in regard to Parson’s death. Villanueva was arrested and charged with murder after confessing that he killed Parsons, the press release stated.

The bail amount on the murder charge was set by Pct. Justice of the Peace Jaimie Jones, according to the press release.

“Sheriff Hammock advised his detectives are currently following up on leads and requested anyone who feels they have information to assist the investigation to contact Lt. Graig Finegan with the Criminal Investigation Division at (936) 329-9028,” the press release stated.

Copyright 2017 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly