Nacogdoches man accepts 15 years for drug possession; sex assaul - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Nacogdoches man accepts 15 years for drug possession; sex assault charge dropped

Jabrandon King (Source: Nacogdoches County Jail) Jabrandon King (Source: Nacogdoches County Jail)
NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) -

A 25-year-old Nacogdoches man accepted a plea bargain deal of 15 years in prison for possession of a controlled substance.

The state has also dropped the sexual assault of a child charge that had been filed on Jabrandon Rashard King, 25, of Nacogdoches.

“The sexual assault case was dismissed,” said Nacogdoches County District Attorney Nicole LaStracco. “The offense was not based on violence or lack of consent, but due to the age difference between the victim and Mr. King. They had been involved in a consensual, romantic relationship. The victim ultimately bore Mr. King a child.”

Explaining further, LoStracco said that the victim and her mother have been adamant that they did not want to pursue sexual assault charges against King since he was indicted.

‘Recently, they did not attend a meeting with the District Attorney’s Office to begin the process of preparing for trial,” LoStracco. “It became apparent that they would not assist in the prosecution of the matter.”

When King was arrested on the charges back in late September of 2016, he was charged with second-degree felony sexual assault of a child and third-degree felony possession of a controlled substance between 1 and 4 grams. His arrest came after a Nacogdoches grand jury indicted him on three sexual assault of a child charges.

According to the text of the indictment, King sexual assaulted a child under the age of 17 on three separate occasions. While Count 1 doesn’t list a date, Count 2 on the indictment states that one of the sexual assaults occurred on June 2016. King also allegedly sexually assaulted the child on July 11.

Copyright 2017 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly