If you need dinner on the table in a hurry but don't want to eat junk food or drive-through fare, here's a solution! A dinner you can have on the table in ten minutes or so, and it's delicious. Nice way to get vegetables and protein, and if you're on a low-carb diet, just pass on the rice!
Mama Steph's Dinner in 10: Easy Chicken Stir-fry
3/4 to 1 pound of chicken breast strips
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
4 cups chopped cabbage, bok-choy, or mixed greens
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup stir-fry sauce
1. Heat oil in wok or large skilled over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then add to wok. Cook about four minutes on each side. (chicken should cook to internal temperature of 165 degrees)
3. Add cabbage, green onions, carrots, and water chestnuts. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are as tender as you prefer.
4. Add stir-fry sauce, and stir in, allowing to heat through. Taste, and IF NEEDED, add a small amount of salt.
5. Serve alone for a low-carb option, or serve over rice, cooked according to package directions, if you prefer.