Affidavit: 2 men armed with guns forced way into Grapeland home, beat victim

Affidavit: 2 men armed with guns forced way into Grapeland home, beat victim

HOUSTON COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - A 20-year-old Palestine man was arrested on April 29 in connection to allegations that he and another man forced their way into a home in Grapeland, brandished guns, and beat a man about the face, head, and body in 2016.

One of the men even pointed a gun at the victim and pulled the trigger, but the weapon didn't fire, the arrest affidavit stated.

Todd Willis was booked into the Houston County Jail on a second-degree felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge and a second-degree felony burglary charge.

According to the arrest affidavit obtained by the chief of the Grapeland Police Department, the alleged incident occurred on May 14, 2016. GPD officers responded to a home in the 300 block of Pine Street in reference to a 911 call about a burglary in which a man later identified as Willis and another man, both of whom were armed with guns, forced their way into home and beat the victim severely enough to injure him, the affidavit stated.

The victim told police that he arrived home at about 11 p.m. that night, got out of his vehicle, ran to the house, and entered it through the back door. A witness told police that a gray Ford Fusion pulled up in the home's driveway a few minutes later, and two men with guns got out, the affidavit stated.

Willis and the other man allegedly forced their way into the home with their guns pointed and started asking, "Where is the money?"

At that point, the two suspects started searching the interior of the home. They found the victim in a back bedroom and started hitting him in the face, head, and body, the affidavit stated.

"According to the victim, one of the suspects pointed a firearm at him and pulled the trigger that ended with the weapon not firing," the affidavit stated. "With the weapon not firing, the victim further alleged that the suspect then ejected the defective round of ammunition and allowed a second round of ammunition to enter the firing chamber and a second attempt to fire the handgun, but it ended with a failed result as well."

According to the affidavit, the victim told police that after he was beaten and the one suspect tried to shoot him, the two men left the home.

One of the suspects was identified his street name, "Boosie." Further investigation of the alias helped police identify the suspect as Willis.

A 9 mm Luger cartridge was found at the scene, the affidavit stated.

Copyright 2017 KTRE. All rights reserved.