LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - An Angelina County grand jury has indicted a Lufkin man who was arrested back in March in connection to allegations that he had a video on his Snapchat account of him sexually assaulting a 6-year-old girl.
Oscar Alamillo Solis, 17, of Lufkin, was among the 31 people indicted by the Angelina County grand jury at their last meeting. According to the list East Texas News obtained Thursday, Solis was indicted for aggravated sexual assault of a child, indecency with a child by sexual contact, and two counts of possession or promotion of child pornography.
The grand jury set Solis' collective bail amount at $100,000.
According to the arrest affidavit, an investigator with the Attorney General's Office Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force contacted a detective with the Lufkin Police Department on March 1 and said he was investigating a possession of child pornography case in which the suspect appeared to live in Lufkin.
The investigator with the AG's Office was assigned the case by the Fairview Police Department on Feb. 28. A 15-year-old girl contacted the Fairview PD after she saw disturbing videos and images on Oscar Solis' Snapchat account, the affidavit stated.
The complainant told the Fairview PD that she had been communicating with Solis, and he gave her the log-in information to his Snapchat account and asked her to log in to "prevent the loss of streaks he had earned in a game" because the streaks are deleted once a user logs off, the affidavit stated.
According to the affidavit, the complainant logged into Solis' Snapchat account and found videos and photos of Solis sexually assaulting a young girl in his "memories" section.
The LPD detective compared the images from the Snapchat account to Solis' driver license photo and confirmed that he was the one using the Snapchat account, the affidavit. During the investigation, authorities also matched his cell phone number with the one used for the Snapchat account.
On March 2, the Lufkin PD detective went to Lufkin High School and interviewed Solis in the police office there. During the interview, Solis allegedly admitted to sexually assaulting the 6-year-old girl. He also confessed to shooting photos and video of the assault, the affidavit stated.
Solis told authorities that the sexual assault occurred in December of 2016, the affidavit stated.
The Angelina County also passed down the following indictments:
- Israel Puga, 20, of Livingston, was indicted on a sexual assault of a child charge. He is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl on several different occasions in November of 2016.
- John Jacob Williams, 18, of Lufkin, was indicted for two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child in connection to allegations that he sexually assaulted a 5-year-old girl earlier this year. He was arrested on July 1.
- Patricia Sue Smith, 49, of Lufkin was indicted on a robbery charge. She is accused of biting a Brookshire Brothers manager when he tried to stop her from leaving the store with several bacon packages without paying for them.
- William Dean Plunk, 47, of Lufkin, was indicted on a theft between $2,500 and $30,000 charge in connection to allegations that he stole a FEMA trailer that had been converted to a tiny house from a woman back in April.
- Jonathan Wayne Nash, 30, of Lufkin, was indicted on aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge. He is accused of swinging a hammer and making verbal threats back in April.
When the Angelina County grand jury met, they also no-billed Andrew James Garcia, 31, of Lufkin, which means that they didn't think there was enough evidence for a jury trial in the case.
Garcia was arrested and charged with injury to a child in connection to allegations that he punched his 10-year-old son in the leg to "toughen him up" while they were "play fighting" back in January of 2016.