Strong thunderstorms prompted several severe thunderstorm warnings across East Texas on Saturday. These storms were associated with an outflow boundary. The outflow boundary, which is a small-scale cold front, collided with an unstable environment to produce dangerous winds and heavy rains.
The National Weather Service sighted the following damage reports for Saturday evening:
- Power lines down on CR 241 southwest of Beckville in Panola County.
- Trees down in west of Many in Sabine Parish.
- A tree fell on a house near Joaquin in Shelby County.
- Hemphill and Bronson noted several trees down in Sabine County.
- One chicken house destroyed in Nacogdoches.
- Several trees down in Zavalla and communities north in Southern Angelina County.
Here are the rain totals across East Texas:
- Huntington: 0.25"
- Zavalla: 1.8"
- Kennard: 1.25"
- Carrizo Creek: Trace
- Looneyville: 0.2"
- Cushing: 0.3"
- Garrison: Trace
- Trinity: 0.3"
- Apple Springs: 0.1"
- South Rusk County: 0.6"
- Milam: 0.4"
- Harvey Creek: 1.5"
- Broaddus: 0.55"
- Arcadia: 0.1"
- Timpson: 0.1"