Essential personnel in areas affected by Rita should prepare to report for duty on their normal work schedules. Essential personnel should check with their supervisors or facilities for specific instructions or to report any personal or local situations that may impact their ability to report for duty as scheduled.
All other personnel may be granted authorized absence for Monday and Tuesday, September 26-27, 2005, when local conditions and instructions issued by local authorities warrant such authorized absence. Employees should check with their supervisors or facilities for specific instructions and should not assume that authorized absence is granted. Any employee unable to reach his/her supervisor or facility directly, should call 1-866-233-0152 between 6 AM and 10 PM Central Time to report his/her location and contact information.
Veterans Benefits Administration employees should call VBA directly on 1-866-435-3782.
* VAMC Houston Nursing staff should report to duty as scheduled beginning Monday.
* All MEDVAMC nursing staff members especially those assigned to outpatient clinics, who have not already done so, are asked to immediately contact their supervisor or the Command Center Nursing Desk at (713) 794-8398.
* Essential personnl should prepare to report duty on their normal work schedules and should check with their supervisors or facilities for specific instructions.
* All other non-essential VA employees assigned to Houston, including the medical center, regional office, cemetery, and other field offices, will remain on excused absence through Tuesday, September 27, 2005. All personnel are to be on duty as scheduled beginning Wednesday, September 28, 2005.
* Beaumont, Lufkin, Houston, Texas City, and Galveston are closed until Wednesday, September 28.
* Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic staff should call (713) 791-1414, ext. 3647 on Tuesday afternoon for information regarding the status of the Beaumont clinic.