Incident Management Teams have provided support for more than 20,000 evacuees from
Throughout the South, Incident Management Teams have established and managed nine base camps that provide food, shelter and showers for approximately 45,000 emergency response workers assigned to hurricane support.
Manage the distribution and shipment of thousands of truckloads of water, food, ice, and essential commodities.
SOUTHERN AREA INCIDENT MANAGEMENT TEAMS:
The Southern Area has two Incident Management Teams that have responded to both hurricanes. Accomplishments of these teams include:
Coordination of Interagency Communication
· Provided overall communication among cooperating agencies and emergency workers.
· Standardized radio communication for agencies and law enforcement
· Provided more than 200 handheld radios and two repeaters for the
· Provided frequency management, satellite-based voice communications and internet communications, dispatchers and satellite services
· Provided victor radio communications with aircraft which assisted with ground control.
Medical Triage Support
Approximately 2,400 patients were treated in a three day-period at the Air Force triage hospital set-up at the
Helicopter / Aircraft off-loading support
During its peak, more than 3,000 helicopters were landing daily with evacuees at the
· Passenger Off-loading – as many as 500 passengers per hour for a three day period
· Tarmac coordination
· Aircraft Marshalling Activities