- They produce great pictures with strong colors (especially dark colors).
- They can be viewed from any angle in any light.
- You can expect at least five years of serious TV watching before the picture quality starts to degrade.
- They are relatively inexpensive.
- They are bulky and heavy.
- They are limited to about a 40-inch screen size.
- With the introduction of LCD and Plasma, direct-view TVs days are numbered.
- With curved-screen direct-view TVs, larger screen size means a greater curve. So while you can get a clear view from any angle, if you're looking at a bigger curved-screen TV from the side, some stuff may be hidden on the other side of the bulge.