State District Judge David Wilson has announced that he will not seek an eighth term as Judge of the 217th District Court.
Judge Wilson plans to retire December 31, 2006. "I have enjoyed my years in this position and appreciate the public trust that has been placed on me by the citizens of Angelina County," Wilson said in a written statement.
Wilson is a graduate of Southwestern University. He has a Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law, National College of District Attorneys:
* 1975-1977 Assistant District Attorney, Angelina County
* 1973-1975 Justice of the Peace, Angelina County
* Angelina County Area Go Texas Committee
* Angelina County Exposition Board
* First United Methodist Church Commission on Missions
* First United Methodist Church Chancel Choir
* Angelina County Chamber of Commerce/Agri-Business Committee
* Angelina County Bar Association
* Texas Bar Association
Judge Wilson said, "While I have not kept this decision a secret, and have in fact mentioned many times that I was not going to seek an additional term, I wanted to make my intentions clear. I will retire December 31, 2006.
Wilson has served as Judge for the 217th State District Court since 1977.