Recipe from Kay Greer of Ind.
9-inch unbaked pie shell
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2 lb. tart cooking apples
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Prepare pie shell: refrigerate until used.
2. Make Topping: Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter, with pastry blender or 2 knives, until mixture is consistency of coarse cornmeal. Refrigerate.
3. Preheat oven to 400F.
4. Make Filling: Core apples, and pare; thinly slice into large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
5. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon, mixing well. Toss lightly with apples.
6. Turn filling into unbaked pie shell, spreading evenly . Cover with topping; bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until apples are tender. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.