The home of Reverend Robert and Merilyn Session burned early Monday morning. Merilyn is the 10th grade counselor at Lufkin High School and Robert is the senior minister at Goodwill Missionary Baptist Church in Lufkin.
Tragically, Reverend Session lost his life in the fire due to smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning. The couple was guardian for two of their grandchildren, Darnell and Darneisha, both are students at Brookhollow Elementary. Their ages are eight and nine years of age.
Merilyn and Darnell have been dismissed from the hospital. Darneisha was taken by helicopter to Hermann Hospital in Houston. She is in ICU with severe smoke inhalation.
If you would like to make a clothing donation of new items or gently worn items, the sizes needed are:
- Darneisha - size 12 in the plus size, or, a size 14 regular. She wears size three in girls shoes.
- Darnell - size 12 boys pants, jeans, and a 14-16 boys shirt. He wears size three in boys shoes.
- Merilyn is in need of clothing women size 18 with a size 8 ½ shoe.
The family will be appreciative of all donations. They will have to start over again and any household item like linens, kitchen utensils, furniture, et cetera will be needed. If you would like to give a monetary donation you may do so with Janie Jordan (LISD) in the activity fund. Please be sure to place your name on any items that you donate because Merilyn will want to thank you.
The family is also asking for your prayers.