Appliance May Have Caused House Fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

06/16/06 - Hudson

Appliance May Have Caused House Fire

by Ramonica R. Jones 

An East Texas home was destroyed Friday morning in a fire in Angelina County. It took Hudson volunteer firefighters less than ten minutes to put out the blaze.

A woman renting the home told authorities she may have left her curling iron on. Firefighters confirmed the fire was started by an electrical appliance.

Ron Cole, assistant fire chief, said ,"One bedroom, one bathroom, and a closet was destroyed; clothes on the floor and a lot of smoke damage to the rest of the house."

Three people lived in the mobile home, but no one was inside when the fire started. They were in court getting evicted for not paying their rent.

Powered by Frankly