10. Chiropractors are not real doctors! Chiropractors are indeed real doctors licensed by the state in which they practice, and actually have more classroom hours than Medical Doctors. D.C. stands for Doctor of Chiropractic.
9. It only helps adults, not children. Quite the opposite, in fact, chiropractic results are achieved much quicker on children than adults. Similar scenario with quick results occurs when children wear dental braces as opposed to adults.
8. Chiropractors treat back pain only. Some doctors do, but that is like changing your motor oil only when your engine is smoking. The best Doctor of Chiropractic addresses the misaligned vertebrae to improve the function of the nervous system.
7. Too expensive. Medical treatment is usually 50 to 70 times more expensive than chiropractic treatment and over 80% of the cost is for diagnosis. Chiropractic has been proven through research to be 3 times more cost-effective.
6. Spinal adjustments hurt. The spinal adjustment itself does not hurt, however you may be sore after the first adjustment; similar to starting an exercise program.
5. An adjustment will cause a stroke. The chance of having a stroke from chiropractic adjustment is about 1 in 7,000,000. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning.
4. It is harmful and dangerous. It has been established by the U.S. Government that chiropractic is the SAFEST and most effective treatment for back pain. Medical malpractice results in more than 180,000 deaths each year.
3. It is just a health trend. If chiropractic is a health trend, it is the country's longest trend since it has been around for over 105 years.
2. No scientific proof that it works. In the last 10 years, there have been hundreds of studies proving its validity in the health care arena.
1. They say it heals everything. Since the body is a self-healing organism, it is the body not the doctor which does the healing. However, the chiropractor is the only professional trained in detecting and removing the subluxation from the nervous system.