These questions are useful in identifying jaw joint disorders and related headaches. If two or more apply, please discuss with your dentist and/or physician.
1. Do you have difficulty or pain, when opening your mouth?
2. Does your jaw feel stiff, tight, or tired?
3. Do you have difficulty or pain when chewing?
4. Does your jaw shift when you open?
5. Has your jaw "stuck" either open or closed?
6. Are you aware of any changes in your bite?
7. Do you have "clicking" or "popping" in either jaw joint?
8. Do you have pain in your temple, face, or ear?
9. Do your ears "ring", "buzz", or hurt?
10. Do you have frequent headaches or facial pain?
11. Do you have morning headaches?
12. Do you clench or grind your teeth during the day or night?
13. Have you sought treatment for a TMJ disorder and/or headache?