What are your favorite things to cook your family? Once you have submitted your recipe, we'll post it online with your name and state for everyone to see.More >>
yields 10 to 12 portions
Recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
1/2 cup melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons rum
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple rings, drained
2 1/2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup softened butter or shortening
2 1/4 cups cake flour or all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup coco loco crème de coconut
13x9x2-inch glass baking dish
1. Coat the bottom of the glass baking dish with melted butter. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the butter and top with drained pineapple rings.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter or shortening with the sugar. Blend in milk, crème de coconut, beaten eggs and rum.
3. Blend in the baking powder and salt and slowly add the flour. Finish with the coconut. NOTE: if using an electric mixer, do not over mix the batter.
4. Gently pour and spread batter over the pineapple rings. Bang the sides of the pan to remove bubbles.
5. Place in a preheated 375-degree Coleman InstaStartTM Camp Oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Run a knife along the edges of the cake. Place a serving platter upside down on the pan. Invert so the Veer Right Piña Colada Cake comes out on the platter pineapple-side up. Aloha!