SFA Student Dies From Alcohol Poisoning

by Donna McCollum

Eighteen year old SFA Freshman, Nikolas Gallegos of Mesquite was pronounced dead at 10:25 Sunday night. He was originally brought into a Nacogdoches hospital early Saturday morning with alcohol poisoning.  The student had attended a gathering at Woodforest Apartments in Nacogdoches where he is believed to have consumed the drinks.

Nacogdoches Police Community Information Officer, Greg Sowell said an in depth and at length investigation will be conducted in conjunction with the SFA police department. At this point, no charges have been filed, but there is the possibility some could be filed.

SFA administrators are aware of the death. Each freshman student is required to attend a course on alcohol abuse during orientation.