Space Heater Causes Fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

01/21/08 - Lufkin

Space Heater Causes Fire

by Jessica Cervantez

A space heater is to blame for a fire that destroyed part of a Lufkin family's home Monday night.

The Lufkin fire department quickly responded to a fire on McDonald Street off of Kurth around 5:45 p.m.

They said a woman in the home called 9-1-1 and said she heard a cracking sound coming from the bedroom, when she went in the room it was on fire. The Lufkin fire department says the fire started from an electrical space heater in the bedroom. The room is a total loss.
Powered by Frankly