Space Heaters May Be the Cause of Two Recent Fires - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

01/22/08 - Lufkin

Space Heaters May Be the Cause of Two Recent Fires

by Jessica Cervantez

Space heaters maybe to blame for two recent house fires in Lufkin. 

The Lufkin fire department says an electrical space heater caused the fire Monday night on McDonald Street off of Kurth. Another fire off Nerren Street over the weekend may have also been caused by a space heater.

The fire department wants to reduce the number of home-heating fires. They are encouraging East Texans to use extra caution this winter.

Here are some safety tips. Make sure you keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn. Turn portable heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room. Plug power cords into outlets with sufficient capacity, and never into an extension cord. Install working smoke alarms in every room.
Powered by Frankly