Lufkin Resident Seeking Man Who Helped Save Her Life - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

04/21/08 - Lufkin

Lufkin Resident Seeking Man Who Helped Save Her Life

by Jessica Cervantez

It was midnight on Friday when the kitchen at 418 Moore Street caught on fire.

Chris Carson, who lives there, said, "I was sound asleep, my grandson went to the kitchen to cook something and caught a skillet of grease on fire.  A strange man got out of his car, walked up to my window, and knocked on the window until I woke up."

Carson's 32-year-old grandson was in a bad motorcycle accident which left him blind, and he has to go to dialysis three times a week. Carson said when she woke up she feared he was in the kitchen.

"I thought I had to get him out of the kitchen," she said. 

She was lucky that her two great grandchildren who she raises just happened to stay at a relatives house that night, because their room is right next to the kitchen.

Carson said, "We got really lucky."

The man must have seen the fire right when it started, because the fire department got there in enough time where there wasn't much damage, except to the stove and smoke damage to the high ceilings.

Carson says she didn't get a chance to thank the man who banged on her window, and she has no idea who he is, but she is so thankful he stopped.

"I just want to thank him for taking the time to stop."

And, she wants to warn others to learn from her mistake, don't ever leave anything on the stove.

If you have any idea who this man please e-mail Jessica Cervantez at jCervantez@ktre.com
Powered by Frankly