LUFKIN (KTRE) - A man was transported to a Shreveport hospital after sustaining third degree burns in a Lufkin welding accident Thursday afternoon.
According to Ted Lovett with the Lufkin Fire Department, Jose Ovta was using a cutting torch at Guy's Scrap Metal. Lovett says the torch had a leak, and there was a butane tank nearby.
A fire quickly developed, and Ovta sustained third degree burns from the waist up.
He was flown LSU Medical Center in Shreveport. As of Friday, Ovta was listed in critical condition.