SFA Rocked by TCU

FORT WORTH, Texas  (SFA Media) - The Lumberjacks could only manage 143 yards of offense and the TCU Horned Frogs scored touchdowns on each of their first five possessions to open up a 42-7 halftime lead and cruise to a 67-7 win at Amon G. Carter Stadium on Saturday.

"When knew coming into this game that TCU was a very talented team," said SFA head coach J.C. Harper. "They executed in every facet of the game. I believe they will be ranked in the top 25 by the end of the season. I was proud of how our team fought tonight. They gave us everything they had, and that is all that we can ask. This is a learning experience for our young guys."

The 67 points are the fourth-most ever allowed by SFA (1-1) and are the most since Montana scored 70 in the third round of the 1995 playoffs.

SFA struggled against the Horned Frogs (2-0), who nearly shut out New Mexico on the road last week, turning the ball over four times while the Frogs only punted the ball once on the evening.

Jeremy Moses led the offense with 142 yards on 20 of 38 passing and a touchdown, but threw his first three interceptions of the season - one of which was returned for the Frogs' final score of the first half. Dominique Edison led the SFA receiving corps with five catches for 37 yards.

The Lumberjacks took the kickoff and went three and out on their first possession while TCU wasted little time getting on the scoreboard on its first possession. Joseph Turner capped off an eight-play, 65-yard drive with a 12-yard run up the middle to give the Frogs a 7-0 lead just over four minutes into the game.

SFA would pick up a first down on its next possession, but just two plays later Jeremy Moses was picked off for the first time this season by Rafael Priest to give TCU the ball at the SFA 39. The Horned Frogs then took advantage of the short field with Turner falling into the end zone from four yards out for his second touchdown of the game.

Jeremy Kerley added a six-yard rushing touchdown on the first play of the second quarter and the `Jacks gave the ball back on just the second play of their next possession on an errant snap that was recovered at the seven-yard line by Jerry Hughes. Two plays later it was Turner scoring his third touchdown of the night, this time from four yards out to push the score to 28-0.

SFA got on the board on its next possession, though, marching the ball 11 yards on 64 plays and ending in a one-yard touchdown reception by Aaron Rhea from Moses on fourth down. Moses was seven for nine passing on the drive, with the biggest play coming on a 29-yard catch by Contrevious Parks deep into TCU territory, setting up the score.

TCU would punch it in two more times before the half, including a 33-yard interception return for a touchdown by Steven Coleman just before the half.

The Lumberjacks continue the season next week at home when they take on Kentucky Wesleyan at Homer Bryce Stadium. The game against the Panthers is slated to begin at 6 p.m.