"PUMP FAKE" BARBECUE CHICKEN yields 4 portions
recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
1 whole chicken (or chicken parts of choice)
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon grated ginger
6 cloves crushed garlic
1 tablespoon Morton® Nature's Seasons® Seasoning Blend
1. Remove neck and parts from inside of chicken. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the bird down the whole spine, flatten the chicken and remove the breast bone. Use your finger tips to pinch skin away from the meat and make several slices through the skin of the breasts and thighs, without cutting into the meat. Place into a plastic resealable bag.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the Marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours; overnight is better.
3. Preheat the barbecue grill to medium. Place the bird on the grill, bone-side down. Discard the bag and the marinade. NOTE: NEVER baste with marinade that was used for raw chicken.
4. Cook the chicken until the chicken reaches a temperature of 170 degrees in the deep part of the breast and 180 degrees in the thigh
- 5. Remove chicken from the grill and let set for 10 minutes before cutting.