"Flanker Right" Steak with Far East Butter yields 4 portions
recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
1 flank steak (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
16 oz can citrus Energy Drink
Far East Butter
1 stick butter, softened
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon The Clever Cleaver KitchenTM Far East Seasoning Blend
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon orange juice
1. Place the flank steak in a resealable plastic bag and cover with the Monster Energy Drink. Seal the bag and marinate for a minimum of 3 hours in the refrigerator; overnight works well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the Far East Butter ingredients. Spoon the mixed butter onto a foot-long piece of plastic wrap and roll into a 6-inch tube shape. Place in the refrigerator to firm.
3. Preheat your barbecue grill to medium high. Remove the flank steak from the marinade and place on your grill. Seal the marinade bag and discard. NOTE: NEVER baste with marinade that was used for raw meat. Using a meat thermometer, grill the flank steak to your preferred level of doneness. Beef Temps: Medium rare -- 145°F/ Medium -- 160°F/ Well Done -- 170°F
4. Remove the flank steak from the grill and let set for 10 minutes prior to slicing. At the same time, remove the Far East Butter from the refrigerator and cut in 8 equal slices.
5. Slice flank steak against the grain of the meat and place 2 slices of butter on each portion of meat. Indulge!