"CHUCK and DUCK" CHICKEN CAESAR SUB yields 4 portions
recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
olive oil, as needed
1 bottle of The Clever Cleaver KitchenTM Super Hero All Purpose Seasoning Blend
1 tablespoon anchovy paste or 6 anchovy fillets pressed into a paste
4 cloves minced garlic
1 large egg, drop in boiling water for exactly 1 minute and use immediately
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 8-inch sub rolls
8 oz. block CABOT® Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
1. Preheat your barbecue grill to medium. Rub both sides of the chicken breasts lightly with olive oil and Seasoning Blend. Place chicken on the grill and cook on both sides until thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.
2. Remove the cooked chicken from the grill and let cool. Slice the cooled chicken breasts and place in a resealable plastic bag or plastic container. Refrigerate until needed. NOTE: you can do steps 1 and 2 in advance of salad preparation.
3. In a bowl, combine the anchovy and garlic and whip in the egg. While whipping, slowly add the olive oil. It should start to look like a light mayonnaise.
4. Squeeze in the lemon juice and add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt & pepper and combine. This can also be done in a blender. Store dressing in the refrigerator or cooler until needed.
5. Right before you serve your subs, place the cut romaine lettuce in a bowl and toss with the Parmesan cheese. Add the prepared dressing and chicken and toss.
- 6. Cut sub rolls down the middle but not all the way through. Place rolls on the barbecue grill on the lowest setting. Flatten rolls so they are completely open, with the open side up. Place shredded Cheddar over the surface of the rolls. Close the lid just long enough for the cheese to melt, but don't burn the rolls.
7. Remove rolls from the grill and stuff with Chicken Caesar Salad. Enjoy!