"VEER RIGHT" VEGGIE KEBABS yields 4 kebabs
recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
4 long wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
1/2 cup sweet Chinese chili sauce
2 tablespoons barbecue Sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon Cholula® Hot Sauce
8 medium size mushrooms
2 zucchini, cut into 1"slices
2 summer (yellow) squash, cut into 1"slices
1 red pepper, cut into 1" pieces
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
olive oil as needed
1 teaspoon Morton® Nature's Seasons® Seasoning Blend
1. In a small bowl, combine the Glaze ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
2. On each skewer, place a mushroom, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper piece, pineapple chunk and another mushroom cap. Repeat for all 4 kebabs.
4. Place the kebabs in a plastic container and lightly rub with olive oil. Sprinkle on all sides with the Seasoning Blend.
5. Heat your barbecue grill to medium. Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until the veggies are brown on all sides. DO NOT OVERCOOK the veggies.
6. Turn the kebabs and baste several times with the glaze.
7. Remove from the grill and serve.