"GOAL LINE STAND" SALMON TOSTADA yields 4 portions
recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
4 6 oz pieces salmon filet Toppings
olive oil 4 cups shredded lettuce
juice of 1/2 lemon 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill 1 cup sliced black olives
1 cup salsa
Tostada Dough 1/2 cup sour cream
4 cups all purpose or bread flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 oz package RED STAR® QUICK-RISETM Yeast
1 1/2 cups water, warm to 120 to 130°
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Salmon Prep: lightly rub with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with dill. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Dough Prep - Food Processor Method: Place the Tostada Dough ingredients in a food processor with a dough blade attached. Turn on low setting until the dough ingredients combine and form a ball.
3. Place dough ball in a lightly oiled bowl and turn dough to oil the top. Cover with plastic wrap for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size. Dough is ready when you stick 2 fingers in it and the indentations remain. This is referred to as being "ripe."
4. Divide dough in half and refrigerate 1 piece for another recipe. Take the other piece of dough and divide into 4 portions. Place 1 portion on a lightly oiled sheet pan and press down to form the shape of a 6-inch pizza. Repeat for the other 3 portions. We now have 4 "tostadas."
5. Preheat your barbecue grill to medium. Place a 12-inch piece of foil on one side of the grill and rub foil top lightly with oil.
6. Place on the salmon pieces on the foil. At the same time, place the four tostadas on the side of the grill without foil.
7. Cook the salmon until it is firm to the touch. Remove the salmon from the grill.
8. Cook the tostadas on both sides until lightly brown. Top each tostada with shredded cheese and remove from the grill when the cheese melts.
9. Assembly: Place a cheese tostada on a plate and spread a cup of shredded lettuce on top. Sprinkle on a 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes and a 1/4 cup of black olive slices. Place a piece of cooked salmon in the middle and top with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!