"RUN and SHOOT" BEER BATTER SHRIMP yields 16-20 shrimp recipe developed by The Clever Cleaver Brothers®
1 pound 16-20 size shrimp, prepped
oil for frying
1 cup flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1 1/4 cups (10 oz) Bud Light® Lime beer
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 teaspoon Cholula® Hot Sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Dipping Sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for service.
- 2. Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tail on. Rinse and dry the shrimp and refrigerate for use.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, corn meal, beer, chili powder, garlic powder, chopped cilantro, salt & pepper.
02. In a bowl, combine the flour, corn meal, beer, chili powder, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.4. In a sauce pan or a wok, heat 2 inches of oil over medium-high heat and maintain awareness of the oil.
5. Test the oil by dropping in a little batter. If it is hot enough, the batter will start to cook rapidly and float to the top. Hold a shrimp by the tail and place in the batter. Shake off excess batter and carefully place in the hot oil. DO NOT CROWD THE PAN.
6. Cook for approximately 2 minute, or until the shrimp is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Hold in a warm oven for service. Prepare all the shrimp.
7. Place the dipping sauce in a small bowl in the middle of a platter and surround with shrimp. Start dippin'.