1. Heat oven to 325°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 2 to 2-1/2 hours for medium-rare; 2-1/2 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
3. Meanwhile drain beans, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Place beans, 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic in a food processor. Cover; process until smooth. Add rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover; pulse on and off until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use. Refrigerate remaining 2 tablespoons bean liquid.
4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140°F for medium-rare; 155°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand, covered, 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.)
5. Just before serving, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until skins begin to split. Add arugula; remove from heat. Toss to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add bean mixture to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until just heated through, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons remaining bean liquid as necessary for desired consistency.
6. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with bean and arugula mixtures. Garnish with cheese, if desired.
The Trinity County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating vandalism's at Cedar Grove Cemetery in Trinity. Sheriff Woody Wallace says the damage happened Friday night after 6pm and continued untilMore >>
The Trinity County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating vandalism's at Cedar Grove Cemetery in Trinity.More >>
Saturday, May 25 2013 2:19 PM EDT2013-05-25 18:19:02 GMT
A Lufkin man was arrested after running from police Saturday night. According to the police report, Edmond Fowler was reported trespassing at a residence on the 400 block of Birch St. in Lufkin. TheMore >>
A Lufkin man was arrested after running from police Saturday night.More >>
Saturday, May 25 2013 12:25 PM EDT2013-05-25 16:25:02 GMT
Saturday the Garden of Memories was filled with veterans and members of the community paying tribute to our country's heroes. "If it wasn't for our fallen comrades we wouldn't be free today," said JudyMore >>
Saturday the Garden of Memories was filled with veterans and members of the community paying tribute to our country's heroes.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 10:44 PM EDT2013-05-25 02:44:23 GMT
Stephanie Olford spent Friday afternoon organizing one of the pantries at the North Lufkin Hope Center. "We don't want to leave nobody out of food of any kind and turn nobody away," said Stephanie Olford. EveryMore >>
Every first Tuesday and Thursday the Hope Center passes out groceries to low income families.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 7:47 PM EDT2013-05-24 23:47:43 GMT
A Tennessee woman died Thursday afternoon, 17 days after a three-vehicle accident involving a FedEx truck.Jo Ann Jacobson, 75, of Savannah, Tenn., died at 1:30 p.m. at Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital.Jacobson'sMore >>
A Tennessee woman died Thursday afternoon, 17 days after a three-vehicle accident involving a FedEx truck.More >>