(KLTV/KTRE) - Here's another great summer dessert idea; grilling the pound cake makes a huge difference in flavor, trust me! So extra-good!
Grilled pound cake with fresh berry salsa by Mama Steph
16-ounce bakery pound cake, sliced into 1" slices\
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup each blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries
Juice of one lime
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
8 ounce container non-dairy whipped topping with ½ teaspoon vanilla extract added
1. Make the salsa: combine the fruit in a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
3. Pour the lime juice mixture over the fruit, and set aside in fridge for at least an hour to allow flavors to develop
4. Place a grill pan over a medium-high burner, and add the butter to the pan.
5. Place the pound cake slices on the hot buttered grill pan, and allow to cook on both sides until grill marks are seen.
6. Stir the vanilla into the whipped cream.
7. Serve: Place a slice of pound cake in a bowl, then top with some of the berries and juice, then whipped cream. You can do two layers if you like!