EAST TEXAS (KLTV) - Here’s a healthy, quick meal for your busy evenings. It’s loaded with vegetables and protein, so fits into many healthy eating plans.
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
3 cups cut-up assorted vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli flowerets, shredded carrots) SAVE $
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
8-ounces of fresh mushrooms (white or Baby Bella) sliced
1/2 cup stir-fry sauce
1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, for heat. Omit if preferred.
1. Pour a tablespoon of the oil into a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Drop the chicken into the hot oil, and brown for two or three minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
3. Add the second tablespoon of oil into the pan, and when heated, add the frozen vegetables (Stand back in case the hot oil pops for a moment) and garlic, as well as the mushrooms and red pepper flakes, if using. Cook until the veggies are tender, several minutes.
4. Add the chicken and stir-fry sauce to the pan, and toss until the sauce is distributed throughout the pan.
5. Serve as-is or over rice. Enjoy!