Rangers vs. Phillies: Odds, spread, over/under - Opening Day
On Thursday, March 30 at Globe Life Field, Marcus Semien's Texas Rangers host Trea Turner's Philadelphia Phillies in the first game of the regular season. First pitch is scheduled for 4:05 PM ET.
The Rangers are listed as -140 moneyline favorites in this matchup against the Phillies (+115). The total is 6.5 runs for the game.
Rangers vs. Phillies Time and TV Channel
- Date: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: BSSW
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Venue: Globe Life Field
- Probable Pitchers: Jacob deGrom - TEX (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs Aaron Nola - PHI (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to fuboTV!
Rangers vs. Phillies Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Here's a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup across several sportsbooks.
|Rangers Moneyline||Phillies Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-135||+115||-||6.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-140||+115||-||6.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-135||+115||-||-||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-135||+115||Rangers (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Have the urge to bet on the Rangers' game against the Phillies but aren't sure where to start? We're here to help. Wagering on the moneyline, run line, and total are a few of the most common ways to place bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- for instance, the Rangers (-140) -- will win the contest. Pretty simple. If you bet $10 on the Rangers to beat the Phillies with those odds, and the Rangers emerge with the victory, you'd get back $17.14.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to bet, such as player props (will Corey Seager hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Rangers vs. Phillies Betting Trends and Insights
- The Rangers entered a game as favorites 58 times last season and won 25, or 43.1%, of those games.
- Last season, the Rangers won 14 of their 24 games, or 58.3%, when favored by at least -140 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 58.3% chance of a victory for Texas.
- The Rangers averaged 1.2 homers per home game last season (101 total at home).
- Texas had a .403 slugging percentage and averaged 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The Phillies were chosen as underdogs in 70 games last year and walked away with the win 33 times (47.1%) in those games.
- Last season, the Phillies came away with a win 18 times in 38 chances when named as an underdog of at least +115 or longer on the moneyline.
- Philadelphia hit 98 home runs on the road last season (1.2 per game).
- The Phillies averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .403 away from home.
Rangers vs. Phillies Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Marcus Semien||0.5 (-208)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+500)||0.5 (+210)|
|Corey Seager||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+125)||0.5 (+400)||0.5 (+200)|
|Jonah Heim||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (+550)||0.5 (+250)|
|Adolis García||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (+500)||0.5 (+200)|
|Josh Jung||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (+650)||0.5 (+270)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Rangers, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Rangers Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+5000||17th||4th|
|Win AL West||+1000||-||4th|
Think the Rangers can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Texas and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.