Astros vs. Brewers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 22
The Houston Astros (27-19) aim to add on to their seven-game winning streak when they play the Milwaukee Brewers (25-21) on Monday at 7:40 PM ET, at American Family Field.
The Astros will give the nod to Cristian Javier (4-1, 3.25 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Brewers will counter with Corbin Burnes (4-3, 3.48 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Astros vs. Brewers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Javier - HOU (4-1, 3.25 ERA) vs Burnes - MIL (4-3, 3.48 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Brewers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Brewers Player Props|
|Astros vs Brewers Prediction|
|How to Watch Astros vs Brewers|
|Astros vs Brewers Odds|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- The Astros will hand the ball to Javier (4-1) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw six innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up one earned run while allowing two hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 3.25, a 4.92 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .968.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his fourth consecutive quality start.
- Javier has pitched five or more innings in nine straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Corbin Burnes
- The Brewers will send Burnes (4-3) out for his 10th start of the season. He is 4-3 with a 3.48 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, the right-hander tossed six innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Over nine games this season, the 28-year-old has amassed a 3.48 ERA and 8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .218 to his opponents.
- Burnes is trying to build upon a fourth-game quality start streak in this game.
- Burnes will look to build on an eight-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.7 frames per appearance).
- This season, the 28-year-old ranks 34th in ERA (3.48), 35th in WHIP (1.161), and 44th in K/9 (8) among qualifying pitchers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.