Astros vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
The Kansas City Royals (47-101) bring a three-game winning streak into a contest versus the Houston Astros (83-65), at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Astros will send J.P. France (11-5) to the mound, while Cole Ragans (6-4) will answer the bell for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: France - HOU (11-5, 3.61 ERA) vs Ragans - KC (6-4, 3.13 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: J.P. France
- The Astros will hand the ball to France (11-5) for his 22nd start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with a 3.61 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .258.
- He has started 21 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 13 of them.
- France has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished four appearances without allowing an earned run in 22 chances this season.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cole Ragans
- Ragans makes the start for the Royals, his 10th of the season. He is 6-4 with a 3.13 ERA and 93 strikeouts over 77 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander's last time out was on Sunday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up only one hit.
- During 26 games this season, the 25-year-old has a 3.13 ERA and 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .206 to opposing hitters.
- Ragans is trying to pick up his seventh quality start of the season.
- Ragans is trying for his 10th straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages three innings per start.
- He has had 15 appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Cole Ragans vs. Astros
- The opposing Astros offense has a collective .259 batting average, and is fourth in the league with 1319 total hits and fifth in MLB play with 760 runs scored. They have the sixth-ranked slugging percentage (.435) and are eighth in all of MLB with 202 home runs.
- Ragans has thrown four innings, giving up two earned runs on five hits while striking out three against the Astros this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.