Astros vs. Royals: Odds, spread, over/under - September 17
The Houston Astros (83-66) will rely on Kyle Tucker when they visit Bobby Witt Jr. and the Kansas City Royals (48-101) at Kauffman Stadium on Sunday, September 17. The first pitch will be thrown at 2:10 PM ET.
Oddsmakers list the Astros as -250 moneyline favorites, while giving the underdog Royals +190 moneyline odds. Houston is the run-line favorite (-2.5). The over/under is 9.5 runs for the game (with -105 odds to go over and -115 odds to go under).
Astros vs. Royals Time and TV Channel
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Probable Pitchers: Framber Valdez - HOU (11-10, 3.32 ERA) vs Jordan Lyles - KC (4-16, 6.27 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Astros vs. Royals Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup posted on different sportsbooks.
|Astros Moneyline||Royals Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|BetMGM||-250||+190||Astros (-2.5)||9.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM|
Looking to put money on the Astros and Royals matchup but aren't sure how to get started? Here's a quick rundown. Some of the most common betting types include the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- the Astros (-250), for example -- will win. It's that easy! If the Astros win, and you bet $10, you'd get $14.00 back.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to play, such as player props (will Alex Bregman hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here and enter bonus code "GNPLAY" to claim your BetMGM promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Royals Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Astros vs. Royals Betting Trends and Insights
- This season, the Astros have been favored 104 times and won 57, or 54.8%, of those games.
- The Astros have a 12-4 record (winning 75% of their games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -250 or shorter.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that Houston has a 71.4% chance to win.
- The Astros went 3-5 across the eight games they were a moneyline favorite in their last 10 matchups.
- Over its last 10 outings (all had set totals), Houston combined with its opponents to hit the over on the run total six times.
- The Royals have been chosen as underdogs in 127 games this year and have walked away with the win 40 times (31.5%) in those games.
- This season, the Royals have been victorious six times in 20 chances when named as an underdog of at least +190 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Royals have played as underdogs in seven of their past 10 games and have gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Kansas City and its opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Astros Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+550||3rd||1st|
|Win AL West||-149||-||1st|
Think the Astros can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Houston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.