Astros vs. Orioles Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
The Baltimore Orioles (94-56) aim to add to their three-game winning streak when they play the Houston Astros (84-67) on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
The Astros will call on Hunter Brown (11-11) against the Orioles and Kyle Gibson (14-9).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Orioles Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (11-11, 4.67 ERA) vs Gibson - BAL (14-9, 4.98 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Orioles Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Orioles|
|Astros vs Orioles Odds|
|Astros vs Orioles Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Brown
- The Astros will hand the ball to Brown (11-11) for his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he did not allow a hit in five scoreless innings against the Oakland Athletics.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 28 games this season with an ERA of 4.67, a 3.31 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.339.
- In 27 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 11 of them.
- Brown has 17 starts of five or more innings this season in 27 chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- In 28 appearances this season, he has finished six without allowing an earned run.
Hunter Brown vs. Orioles
- The Orioles are batting .258 this season, sixth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .428 (eighth in the league) with 176 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Orioles one time this season, allowing them to go 8-for-24 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs and five RBI in six innings.
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Kyle Gibson
- The Orioles are sending Gibson (14-9) to make his 31st start of the season. He is 14-9 with a 4.98 ERA and 144 strikeouts through 175 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last appearance came on Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The 35-year-old has an ERA of 4.98, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 30 games this season. Opponents are batting .270 against him.
- Gibson is looking to continue a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Gibson is looking for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.8 frames per start.
- In one of his 30 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 35-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (4.98), 37th in WHIP (1.323), and 37th in K/9 (7.4).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.